বিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী ঠারর উইকিপিডিয়া শিংপুলি স্বাগতম
- এই পৃষ্ঠাটি বিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী ঠারর উইকিপিডিয়ার সাধারণ বিষয় সংক্রান্ত আলোচনার জন্য নিবেদিত পাতা। এখানে বাবিষ্ণুপ্রিয়া মণিপুরী ঠারর উইকিপিডিয়া সংক্রান্ত বিষয়ে যেকোনো প্রসঙ্গ তুলে ধরতে পারেন।
- কোন বিষয়ে প্রশাসকদের দৃষ্টিআকর্ষণের প্রয়োজন হলে অনুগ্রহ করে প্রশাসকদের আলোচনাসভায় বার্তা রাখুন।
- নির্দিষ্ট কোন তথ্যের জন্য তথ্যকেন্দ্র ব্যবহার করুন। নতুন ব্যবহারকারীরা টিউটোরিয়াল পাতাটি দেখতে পারেন।
- পুরনো কোন বিষয়ে মন্তব্য করতে চাইলে সংশ্লিষ্ট অনুচ্ছেদের শেষে আপনার মন্তব্য যোগ করুন।
Talk to us about talking[পতিক]
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning a global consultation about communication. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis, whatever their experience, their skills or their devices.
We are looking for input from as many different parts of the Wikimedia community as possible. It will come from multiple projects, in multiple languages, and with multiple perspectives.
We are currently planning the consultation. We need your help.
We need volunteers to help talk to their communities or user groups.
You can help by hosting a discussion at your wiki. Here's what to do:
- First, sign up your group here.
- Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group. This is not a vote or decision-making discussion: we are just collecting feedback.
- Then ask people what they think about communication processes. We want to hear stories and other information about how people communicate with each other on and off wiki. Please consider asking these five questions:
- When you want to discuss a topic with your community, what tools work for you, and what problems block you?
- What about talk pages works for newcomers, and what blocks them?
- What do others struggle with in your community about talk pages?
- What do you wish you could do on talk pages, but can't due to the technical limitations?
- What are the important aspects of a "wiki discussion"?
- Finally, please go to Talk pages consultation 2019 on Mediawiki.org and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public.
You can also help build the list of the many different ways people talk to each other.
Not all groups active on wikis or around wikis use the same way to discuss things: it can happen on wiki, on social networks, through external tools... Tell us how your group communicates.
You can read more about the overall process on mediawiki.org. If you have questions or ideas, you can leave feedback about the consultation process in the language you prefer.
Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.
Trizek (WMF) ১৫:০০, ২১ ফেব্রুয়ারী ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
প্রশাসক হওয়ার আবেদন[পতিক]
আমি ডান্ডিকরেকুরাগি বা প্রশাসক এবং ইন্টারফেস প্রশাসক হওয়ার আবেদন করেছি। আপনাদের মূলবান মতামত দিতে এখানে দেখুন। জনি (য়্যারি) ১১:০৫, ১ মার্চ ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2019)[পতিক]
The TWL OWL says sign up today!
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Kinige – Primarily Indian-language ebooks - 10 books per month
- Gale – Times Digital Archive collection added (covering 1785-2013)
- JSTOR – New applications now being taken again
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Baylor University Press, Taylor & Francis, Cairn, Annual Reviews and Bloomsbury. You can request new partnerships on our Suggestions page.
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team ১৭:৪০, ১৩ মার্চ ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
- You can host and coordinate signups for a Wikipedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact Ocaasi (WMF).
- This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List.
Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[পতিক]
১০:৫৬, ৮ এপ্রিল ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[পতিক]
দয়া করে আপনার ভাষায় অনুবাদ করতে সাহায্য করুন
The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal
covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page
, by April 20. আপনাকে ধন্যবাদ! Quiddity (WMF)
) ১৭:৩৫, ১২ এপ্রিল ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
Hello bpywiki community! (দয়া করে আপনার ভাষায় অনুবাদ করতে সাহায্য করুন)
I recently organized a project to share templates and modules between wikis. It allows modules and templates to be “language-neutral”, and store all text translations on Commons. This means that it is enough to copy/paste a template without any changes, and update the translations separately. If someone fixes a bug or adds a new feature in the original module, you can copy/paste it again without any translation work. My bot DiBabelYurikBot can help with copying. This way users can spend more time on content, and less time on updating and copying templates. Please see project page for details and ask questions on talk page.
P.S. I am currently running for the Wikimedia board, focusing on content and support of multi-language communities. If you liked my projects like maps, graphs, or this one, I will be happy to receive your support. (any registered user group can vote). Thank you! --Yurik (talk) ০৫:৫৪, ১১ মে ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
Indic Wikimedia Campaigns/Contests Survey[পতিক]
Hello fellow Wikimedians,
Apologies for writing in English. Please help me in translating this message to your language.
I am delighted to share a survey that will help us in the building a comprehensive list of campaigns and contests organized by the Indic communities on various Wikimedia projects like Wikimedia Commons, Wikisource, Wikipedia, Wikidata etc. We also want to learn what's working in them and what are the areas that needs more support.
If you have organized or participated in any campaign or contest (such as Wiki Loves Monuments type Commons contest, Wikisource Proofreading Contest, Wikidata labelathons, 1lib1ref campaigns etc.), we would like to hear from you.
Please find the link to the Survey at:
P.S. If you have been involved in multiple campaigns/contests, feel free to submit the form multiple times.
Looking forward to hearing and learning from you.
-- SGill (WMF) sent using MediaWiki message delivery (আলাপ) ০৬:০৯, ২৫ জুন ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
Editing News #1—July 2019[পতিক]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
Every article has a pencil icon at the top. Tap on the pencil icon to start editing.
This is what the new Edit Cards for editing links in the mobile visual editor look like. You can try the prototype here: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
Welcome back to the Editing newsletter.
Since the last newsletter, the team has released two new features for the mobile visual editor and has started developing three more. All of this work is part of the team's goal to make editing on mobile web simpler.
Before talking about the team's recent releases, we have a question for you:
Are you willing to try a new way to add and change links?
If you are interested, we would value your input! You can try this new link tool in the mobile visual editor on a separate wiki.
Follow these instructions and share your experience:
📲 Try Edit Cards.
The mobile visual editor is a simpler editing tool, for smartphones and tablets using the mobile site. The Editing team recently launched two new features to improve the mobile visual editor:
- Section editing
- The purpose is to help contributors focus on their edits.
- The team studied this with an A/B test. This test showed that contributors who could use section editing were 1% more likely to publish the edits they started than people with only full-page editing.
- Loading overlay
- The purpose is to smooth the transition between reading and editing.
Section editing and the new loading overlay are now available to everyone using the mobile visual editor.
New and active projects[পতিক]
This is a list of our most active projects. Watch these pages to learn about project updates and to share your input on new designs, prototypes and research findings.
- Edit cards: This is a clearer way to add and edit links, citations, images, templates, etc. in articles. You can try this feature now. Go here to see how: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
- Mobile toolbar refresh: This project will learn if contributors are more successful when the editing tools are easier to recognize.
- Mobile visual editor availability: This A/B test asks: Are newer contributors more successful if they use the mobile visual editor? We are collaborating with 20 Wikipedias to answer this question.
- Usability improvements: This project will make the mobile visual editor easier to use. The goal is to let contributors stay focused on editing and to feel more confident in the editing tools.
- Wikimania: Several members of the Editing Team will be attending Wikimania in August 2019. They will lead a session about mobile editing in the Community Growth space. Talk to the team about how editing can be improved.
- Talk Pages: In the coming months, the Editing Team will begin improving talk pages and communication on the wikis.
The VisualEditor on mobile is a good place to learn more about the projects we are working on. The team wants to talk with you about anything related to editing. If you have something to say or ask, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
১৮:৩২, ২৩ জুলাই ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
Update on the consultation about office actions[পতিক]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team ০৮:০২, ১৬ আগস্ট ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)
New tools and IP masking[পতিক]
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
We have an idea of what tools could be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project on Meta and post comments and feedback. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
১৪:১৮, ২১ আগস্ট ২০১৯ (ইউটিসি)